Vice President, Major Projects
Digital and Innovation Strategies for the Infrastructure Industry
Productivity in the engineering and construction industry has been stagnant for decades. The proliferation of digital solutions has made it difficult for users to develop a coherent strategy. Companies who are able to successfully navigate the new digital landscape are on the brink of a transformation that will see top performers reduce overall project costs by 20-45%. However, digital transformations require developing digital capability across all aspects of the organization. Therefore, each entity involved in the industry must understand its critical challenges in order to guide its path to increased digital capability.
Chris helps clients develop, implement, and deliver mega projects and capital programs across global infrastructure markets and other market sectors with capital programs. He previously served as Senior Vice President for Global Programs with AECOM, and directed major programs and projects in North America, Africa, and the Middle East. In addition, he served nearly 26 years in the US Army Corps of Engineers, retiring as a Colonel. During that time, he deployed worldwide; included leadership with NATO in Bosnia, Brigade-level Command in Iraq, and USACE Command in Afghanistan.
Chris’ recent projects include:
- Senior project advisor improving all aspects of EPC project management and optimization of a major capital project in SE Asia.
- As AECOM Senior Vice President, program/project director for multiple capital programs and projects. Program Director for the $34B Libya HIB program, including the $1.4B Third Ring Road (24 kms).
- Program/project director for the $10B Jeddah Storm Water Drainage Program, $300M NYC Wastewater Resiliency Program, the $700M Ghana Western Corridor Gas Project.
- Senior leadership roles in the EPCM execution of the $1.2B Lake Borgne Surge Barrier Project protecting the City of New Orleans and the EPC West African Gas Pipeline from Nigeria to Ghana.
- Extensive experience advising at senior governmental level and working within interagency environments; often operating in emerging markets.
- MSc, Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- MSc, Material Science and Engineering, MIT
- MA, National Security and Strategic Studies, US Naval War College
- BS, United States Military Academy – West Point